JEWELRY CARE & REPAIRS
Our products are made with high quality materials with care and attention but this does not mean our jewelry will last forever through everyday wear and tear.
Since we use products such as gemstones and shells, there may be some variations and natural blemishes that are not product flaws. These distinctions are what make your pieces special.
- Always put jewelry on after you apply makeup, perfume and hairspray.
- ROLL any stretch bracelets over your wrist to prevent stretch cord from snapping.
AKA is not responsible for the maintenance of your jewelry. If your items do tarnish immediately, it can be caused by a metal-to-skin oil reaction. Each persons oils and ph can make metal react differently, in this case, it's not our responsibility to return or exchange your item. We apologize in advance.
We create each piece with care and attention, but they aren’t indestructible and may break over time with regular wear. If your jewelry happens to break within 60 days of purchase, we will restring or repair it at no cost to you. If more than 60 days have passed since your purchase, there is a $5 charge to repair each bracelet and $10 for necklace repairs.
- Download our Jewelry Repair Request Form and follow the instructions to return your jewelry to our studio.
- Please note: Depending on the circumstances or age of your jewelry, the product may be repaired, replaced with the same product or substituted with a product of comparable value. We may have to slightly alter the design.
- The fee covers repairs or resizes. You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the item(s) to us.
Tarnishing or oxidization does not constitute a repair.
A BIT ABOUT METALS
If sterling silver is exposed to the air and left unprotected when not being worn, tarnish becomes inevitable. The less air and light your silver is exposed to when you aren’t wearing it, the less tarnish will occur, making it easy to have shiny jewelry each and every time you’re ready to wear it. Taking the time to keep your jewelry clean after wearing it and storing it away from light and air is all that’s needed to prolong the life of your jewelry.