14 karat gold filled, brass, & gold plating all have a tendency to oxidize (turn black) when exposed to oxygen and light. To help prevent this, when not being worn, always keep your jewelry away from light, air & moisture to prevent oxidation. Using mini ziplock bags inside your jewelry box is a great way to do this!
We do not advise using any kind of jewelry cleaning solutions or cloths on gold plating, as this can change the colour of the metal.
AKA is not responsible for the maintenance of your jewelry. If your items do tarnish immediately, it can be caused by a metal-to-skin oil reaction. Each persons oils make metal react differently, in this case, it's not our responsibility to return or exchange your item. We apologize in advance.
- Always put jewelry on after you apply makeup, perfume and hairspray (the chemicals in these products may affect your jewelry)
- Don't wear jewelry in swimming pools, spas or the shower.
- After each wearing, gently wipe each piece of jewelry (don't forget the backs of your earrings) clean of make up and skin oils with a 100% cotton cloth.
- Store jewelry separately in a ziploc bag so it doesn’t scratch other jewelry or get tangled.
- Avoid chlorine, detergents, perfume, cosmetics, hairspray or leaving jewelry in wet places like the bathroom.
- ROLL any stretch bracelets over your wrist to prevent stretch cord from snapping.
If you have any specific questions, please contact us here.
Get exclusive & early access to Insider-only Sales, Giveaways and New Collection Launches
+ PLUS 20% off your next order!
Know a Bride-to-be or a new bride? This necklace is perfect for that girl! Gift it as a gift or a special treat for yourself.
The letter are about 6-7mm in height and comes on a 16" silver plated chain with 2" extender. Due to the delicate nature of the necklace, please be careful when handling.
**PLEASE NOTE: Due to the custom nature of these necklaces, we may not have all the letters in stock at the time of your order. If this is the case, please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery**
CARING FOR YOUR JEWELRY
The AKA collection is entirely hand-crafted and requires delicate handling. Please note that certain oils, body lotions, tanning products, and other skincare formulas may discolour or tarnish the delicate metals and natural details. Chemicals such as chlorine can damage, discolour or erode precious metals and gemstones. Allowing an item to sit in a damp place (ie. a wet counter) will most likely damage the metal, so please take care.